Surf Report 2008

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

KEL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by KEL »

Surfed with maxb this morning at 52nd st...Beautiful morning, perfect water temp (69) im guessing, and nice waves. (had to wait a little for a corner but had a nice morning). Checked out kneelo cove 1st and the guard was there early charging people (5:45 or so)???? Whats up with that...I think LER posted that guy there collecting beer money!!! KEL
mutiny
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by mutiny »

hey kelly we saw you guys at 52nd street early, Yeah the cove has been having the shits lately, these lined up souths have not been kind to HB :?
We surfed the cliffs early this morning :wink:
maxb

Post by maxb »

kelly it was god meeting and surfing with you this a.m. let's do it again soon , tom ,ler maybe we will get lucky and this little sse will send some waves to 18th st tues. or wed. 8) if so ,maybe i will see you there
kbing newport
K-man

Post by K-man »

SC?OB? You folks are awfully quiet,what's up?Been good here for over a week.The downtown scene is............ :shock: OMG.....
The reefs have been fun to good.Hey EQ,the A has been doing it'S thing!
About head or so,both lefts and rights.
Today the south jumped a bit so the next point rock reef was doing it's thing.Sets to OH,and going pretty good.Flat glassy,8 was the crowd on four peaks,which went down to 3.I was the last one out of the water.In at 9 out at 3:15,a long one.What a bitch waling up the hill.... :lol:
Been riding the quad fish,which replaced the flashie I'm sellimg.It's a good one!Shorter.more foiled,less width,lighter...a great combo.... :D

cheers!
KenM

Post by KenM »

Mr K, so thats where everybody was, I surfed the rights in town with one other guy for an hour, he left and I had to myself for another hour when the usual suspects showed up. Glassy shoulder to HH. Not a place I really want to surf by myself but wow, can't ever remember havin' a spot to myself for that long.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Finally, some surf in Santa Cruz. A favorite point break of mine was going off on a Sunday afternoon: glassy, head high, some bigger. Usually 25 guys out on a day like this. There were only about 8 in the water the whole time I was out. Just so much fun, including the best deep tube ride I'll probably get all summer!
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Well...

Last week on the session with Don, I jammed my finger hard onto my deck. I surfed mid-beach the next day, and was... offshore! Not hard, but a shocker for late June.

Fast forward to the next attempt, Friday AM. Get to the North end, and it's blown junk. Head South to a small cove and conditions are good, but tide needs to drop.

At the next stop is a couple of friends, so we convince each other to go out. This is a notoriously slow and closed out kinda wave, and the other two were on mals.

Deep into the session, an odd section leads to an odd thought of a cutback 360. About at peak torque, I noticed one of my arms was hyperextended. I watched it snap back.

Turns out that the bicep tendon tore, I think completely. An analogy is taking a window shade and pulling down the string and letting go... whap, whap, whap up at the top... hopefully with a string hanging down.

So, off to an MRI tomorrow, where we hope to see the string and schedule an operation to reattach it.

I heard EQ went through this... sending a PM, but hoping to learn from you!

Anyone else with tales, please share! PM or probably start another thread... something like 'How can you possibly get hurt at L_n_aM_r?' :wink:
KenM

Post by KenM »

SF, I hope your situation is better than you expect and your back in the water soon. However, I am glad to know I'm not the only KBer that goes for an occaisional surf at the"Mar". It is a dangerous place to surf, probably more hazards per square foot than anywhere else in NorCal. :wink:
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

Still some fun waves in Southern NC over the weekend. Went to Cape Fear (Bald Head Island) and surfed the cape point, all worked out perfectly as hoped for- the swell was wrapping around the point and winds were offshore on the east side. Had a blast on the Schoelkopf- (finally gettin it wired, Barry). Losing some size today back in Topsail, but still more than we expect in June! Stoked to have surf four days in a row!
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
randiego

Post by randiego »

Bob - one of the Blacks Morning Crew guys recently had this same thing happen, and it wasn't pretty - let me know if you're looking for information - I can put you in touch with him. It happened to him on a crappy chest-high day and Gove managed to get a shot of the wave.

The email he sent out with the grisly details was titled "why does this stuff always happen on crappy non-threatening waves?"

That sounds painful! :shock: Keep us posted on how you're making out. :(
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Its one of those rules of thumb: injuries always seem to happen on the smallest, least threatening of days. Good luck with the repair and rehab.
kbing since plywood days
geo

Post by geo »

ruptured my right bi cep tendon in 2000 on the job

my advice get it treated ASAP mine was delayed thanks to

workers comp BS equaled longer surgery(5hrs) and rehab

a year later guy on the job did same injury got it expidited

was back full duty in about 3 months

if surgery needed should be done a week to 10 days after injury
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

I tore my bicep tendon in a bicycle accident. Get surgery done as soon as possible. It was several years ago, but I'm as good as new. Almost.
Mark.
Doc Turbo

Ombak Tujuh

Post by Doc Turbo »

Boat Trip tomorrow timed to swell to OMBAK Tujuh and Turtles, charts showing 7 foot waves, at O7 well, lets see if I am up for it

if anyone around tomorrow morning, 5 am ETD from harbour, back same day

Post by Freddie »

To all my brothers at the Cove, how is the surf in the southland?