Surf Report 2008

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

:D :D Anybody seen Swellnets predictions for Coffs Harbour on Sunday, should be a nice bit of swell down the south end of Diggers for the Finals and age groups of the North Coast Pro.....woooohoooo

Cheers Wolruss
Kev

Post by Kev »

good luck to all
8)
KenM

Post by KenM »

Kel, you got to surf a left point on a weekday? I'm still looking for that "jealous" emoticon.
----------------------
color me green
KEL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by KEL »

8) 8) 8) KEL
Tony Wales
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Tony Wales »

For those not able to go to Coffs Harbour for the KSA Hoey Moey event this weekend you can check the swell - all indications are that a decent swell will hit tomorrow (Saturday) - by going to the Coastalwatch website. At a guess given the swell and conditions (solid south swell and southerly winds) the likely venues would be Park Beach and/or Diggers. Here's the links:

Park Beach camera: http://www.coastalwatch.com/camera/came ... 0-%20Coffs

A good indicator for the swell will be Sawtell Beach just south of Coffs, it faces south and will suck in the south swell:

Sawtell camera: http://www.coastalwatch.com/camera/came ... me=Sawtell
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Post for Willy, Don, Scott... other Bay Area folks...

Fog line made OBSF fairly sloppy. It was possible, but not pretty.

Further South was a pocket of sun and a surprisingly fun, albeit single peak working in a small cove. 5 guys out when I pulled up, then three of us out. Eventually, 11 guys on one concentrated peak when I got out. It was pretty darn fun at shoulder high and wedgy.

White-caps were everywhere outside, along with the fog.

With a decreasing swell, I'm hoping the winds settle around OBSF. However, if not, maybe points futher South, and North of SC? The same spot I went will either be flat or insanely packed...

Let's get in touch tonight...
MWROBERTSON

Surf

Post by MWROBERTSON »

OC has had a ton of waves this week. HB/Newport all doing it's thing. Trestles, Uppers, Lowers & Church Monday evening with long perfect rights, 100+ out in a feeding frenzy. I found a good wave to myself with only a few others in the area. A rare bird I suspect. Stoked. :D
K-man

Post by K-man »

Went a bit north last few days.nw over a small south.the beach/reefs were good to a few ft overhead.Glassy three days in a row!A welcome change from this less than stellar summer.Double session yesterday.10-2
5 till dark.Local crew 7 surfers on 5 peaks.Swell is suppose to be holding thru tom.The crowd will be gone tomorrow....... :lol: Probably go down to about 3-4.Feels good to ride some decent rights after a month of lefts on kauai.

cheers
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

On the other side of the Bridge... Willy, Don and I met at OBSF, which was still sloppy.

We checked several spots before ending up around mid-HMB... surprise!

Fairly glassy, OH, and surprisingly fun reeling rights, with an odd left and another left we didn't surf north of a rip.

That was a long surf with little rest with lots of waves!

Slept well last night! Time to see if 'Dad' should cash in my 'get out of jail free' card...

:D :D :D
Doc Turbo

Supersucks

Post by Doc Turbo »

Surfed Supersucks for 3 days last week, Thursday, Friday, and a bit on Saturday. Thursday was 3-4 feet, with excellent barrels. I will post a photo of a stand up guy in the barrel. This is an excellent spot, and especially for kneeboarders. Yes, it takes a swell, and is a challenge to get to the spot, but when you get it on, it is worth it. Excellent accomodation right on the break in Balas Supersuck run by John.
Casey Patelski

Kneelo Cove Cranked today 6/18/08

Post by Casey Patelski »

Dude, I got Kneelo Cove like I havent seen it. It was 2 swells, SW meets W, Low tide comming up. Bowled and stretched out 6-8 ft peaks on best sets. Pure glass, marching mounds out of the fog. It was so much like RJ's on a big day. I couldnt believe it was HB. 2 other guys out. Got a really deep in and out barrel and some huge drawn out bottom turns into bowling faces. Probably gonna be the same Friday AM too. I gotta go out of town for 3 days though. The pier had the same size but not the shape or hollow spitting power. Totaly stoked for days.

Casey
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
KEL

Post by KEL »

SWEET CASEY!!!!!! Sorry I missed your call, but I too was surfing at Trestles this afternoon with some pretty good conditions. (good for me because I heard the morning sucked with wind on it...I came onto a small fog bank offshore and pure glass)...Cottons was goin off as well as uppers and am sure lowers was doin its thing.... I accidently drifted into uppers (and about 100 people) via the backdoor :wink: :wink: and picked off 4 straight bombs in a row all the way to the rocks.(those guys must have been pissed to see a kneelo sneak in like that) :lol: :lol: :lol:, then I think the masses cut me off (on waves that is)...Very fun!!!! KEL
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Yeah, way to show em' Kel! I havent surfed Cottons in a long time. It can hold any size. Put my order in at Vartanian last week. Roughed out outline today. Shape next week. South Hemis for a month is the word.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

In about almost one month, I've surfed everyday with the exception of 3 days. There's been either combo swells or SW lately. Been at least 3-4ft. But now I know it's summer. This morning I paddled out when it was still kind of dark, and six of my closest friends were right behind me! :cry:
maxb

Post by maxb »

some of the best RJ's i've surfed in years,and i almost drove right past it.
looked at 54 about 5:30 am not much shape so i decided to work a few hours :x was driving over the bridge and saw a smokin left ,spun a u-turn and was out there. current was pretty bad ,but well worth the fight.
no crowd :wink:
kbing newport