My duckfeet are dying, need some sugestions!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

jimithesaint
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by jimithesaint »

Tim -
Thanks for the review of Kicks - Sounds like you are sold -might have to try'em
Jimi
SouthernTim

Bob - Wave Rebels

Post by SouthernTim »

Hey Bob:

Having finally settled on my choice in fins, I've got an XL pair of Wave Rebels I can send your way. I'll check at home tonight to make sure, but they are black/orange and XL.

T
KenM
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by KenM »

Trowt, are you selling a pair of xxl dafins? If so I'll buy 'em. PM me the total w/shipping and yur adresh, oops I mean your address and I'll shoot ya a money order.
----------------------
I'm jealous, you guys are surfing Hezbollahs and no kooks no cords and I'm here surfing Shark Poop and no kelp no glass
JohnS
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by JohnS »

Last edited by JohnS on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks, Trowt.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Check out fin blow out by Southern tim 8) $8.00 fins :D
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
RW

Post by RW »

Nov wrote:Just how do the standups do it? :roll:

EDIT: I just checked out the duck feet, they look farkin' ridiculous. The drag created by them must be horrific.
Kids..... :wink:

without gettin' all scientific on ya.....I don't know any KneeBoarder who surfs based upon the connection to his board....however I have come to understand that Kneelos do....but the rest of us Kneeboarders ride waves....and rely only on our connection with the pure source of the experience.....the wave.

:?: ....who in their right mind sets out to ride a board :?: .....Jesus H. Christ...that ain't sufrin....NO HOW....NO WAY.....

unless of course yur a Kneelo....

..... :wink:

yur Dad rocked man.....best Rollo guy ever....there were Ozzie cats in the Country late 70's and early '80's who would tell me about yur pop....Keep the Faith...practice makes perfect.

...but on the flipper thing ..and this so called drag...yur lookin' at it all wrong....ya gotta think like Greenough...that soft rail edge of the flipper hang off the rail line is yur flex track connection....it's the anomaly of edge control and fine tune'in adjustments in the pocket that ya just don't get with a hard edged, flippers less skimboard.....think it all the way through from the Source.....it's pure and natural....only then decide if ya wanna really condem it.....but then do consider what ya condem.....

....and ya ain't no heritic....not loik Geno and Me. :lol:...in fact yur a bonafide legacy....and that's a responsibility yur gonna have ta grow into. I got faith in ya.

8)
shoulder huggin' chickens
wino

Post by wino »

I know this will sound crazy and all, but I have agree with RW on this one. On more that one occasion that little bit of fin overhang has saved me from losing an edge and winding up in a bad position. Also, I feel that I get better leverage in turns due to the platform my flippers give me to push off from.

If you are really concerned with drag take off your leash. I don't notice any gain in speed when I ride with out flippers. However, when I ride without a leash, I notice the lack of drag right away.

Just my $.02, opinions by others will vary depending upon usage and are only valid for 30 days.
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Wearing a leash ALWAYS created more drag for me, personally, than any set of fins ever did.

The main reason to wear fins? Because they propel you through the water better...plain and simple.

RW brought up a good point about flexible extension of rails. Never thought about it that way, but I understand the theory.

If I remember the story correctly, Lis created the Fish because he didn't like the drag his fins created whilst riding a pintail. The Fish was born.

My 2 cents???

Ride a Fish...Not a pintail.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nov

Re: sdv

Post by Nov »

trowt wrote:they ride standup boards!
No way!
Kids..... Wink

without gettin' all scientific on ya.....I don't know any KneeBoarder who surfs based upon the connection to his board....however I have come to understand that Kneelos do....but the rest of us Kneeboarders ride waves....and rely only on our connection with the pure source of the experience.....the wave.

Question ....who in their right mind sets out to ride a board Question .....Jesus H. Christ...that ain't sufrin....NO HOW....NO WAY.....
And what do you think it is that allows you to surf a wave? Your board. If you don't have a good connection with your board, you aren't going to be able to surf waves very well.
yur Dad rocked man.....best Rollo guy ever....there were Ozzie cats in the Country late 70's and early '80's who would tell me about yur pop....Keep the Faith...practice makes perfect.
He never used flippers. :wink:
...but on the flipper thing ..and this so called drag...yur lookin' at it all wrong....ya gotta think like Greenough...that soft rail edge of the flipper hang off the rail line is yur flex track connection....it's the anomaly of edge control and fine tune'in adjustments in the pocket that ya just don't get with a hard edged, flippers less skimboard.....think it all the way through from the Source.....it's pure and natural....only then decide if ya wanna really condem it.....but then do consider what ya condem.....
Right. :lol:
Never mind the water they catch or the extra weight they add to your tail.
skansand

Post by skansand »

.. there seems to be 2 different kinds of Da-fins....mine are super soft and the blade is actually warping from my down-kick ...kinda giving the fin some rocker!...

everyone seems to be getting the "old" formula....stiff blades...i think id be happier with those... :?

nov, yur dad rocks man...im sure he had some insane muscle memory, being able to pull those rolos all the time...

i dont work out, and i really really like beer!,.. so flippers are a absolute MUST if im to ride waves over 8' faces...
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

I must see 50 guys a week standup surfing Rincon on Fish under 5ft 8" in overhead surf.....but they are fit and under 30.
RW

Re: sdv

Post by RW »

Nov wrote:Kids..... Wink
:lol:

Thanks for answering the $64 who in their right mind sets out to ride a board Question.

1. you don't get it.....surfers ride waves...that's the source.

2 you worried about drag.....go ride bigger and more powerfull surf...the concerns you have will be moot.

:wink:

....don't know of anyone complaining about drag in big surf....just issues with harnessing and controling all that natural energy.....something the Ozzie style of surfin' can't quite embrace.

8)
shoulder huggin' chickens
Peaches
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

drag

Post by Peaches »

as told to me by Geno..."Fins on yer feet don't have any drag, as they are on top of yer stick when yer surfin'...what's creatin drag is probably the board yer ridin' or that squiggle butt style yer tryin' to pass off as kneeboarding, or that kook kord hanging off yer ankle...as ususal, THE ANTI-HERO, A.K.C. KINGPIN R.W. is right on the money....money shot bwayyyyyyy!!!!!!.....as told to me by Geno....
KenM

Post by KenM »

This surragate thing is great but I still want the real Geno.

----------------------
If you haven't called somebody a kook at some point, well, then you probably are one.