Simon Farrer's new website

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

WayneK
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by WayneK »

WOW! You've gone techno/cutting edge. Love the helmet cam perspective. What digital video camera are you using in that tiny housing. I can see it now: George shooting from the water into the barrel, you shooting him from deep cover looking out and Robert getting it all from the skiff in the the channel.....AWESOME: :shock:
That deck mount looks dangerous, be careful my friend :roll:. Maybe you should add a face cage our single bar on your helmet like american football players use. Ya would'nt want to break that lovely mug of yours.
You have a great group of guys going, both kneelos and cameramen. I'll be with ya in spirit :D most envious, Wayne 8)
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey Wolruss :)
Its cool isnt it :wink: it is about 4ft cowries.
Cant wait to get it on a cleaner day & the sun not so in your face.
Mystics this morning was on fire with perfect conditions but didnt have it on :lol:
See you out in the water buddy :wink:

Wayne :D
Nice to hear from you mate :wink:
Ive been preparing for all this equipment for sometime now. Finally found a guy who was willing to make an idea reality :P (board cam)
The helmet cam anyone can do :!:
The camera on the helmet is only a lense. The wire feeds out the back into a backpack where I have a water proof box with a recording device inside the box. It can be a digital video camera or like me a mini DV tape deck! Like a VCR but for mini digital tapes.
The board cam is potentialy dangerous but as ive mentioned before Im willing to take a risk :roll:
Im not worried about the mellon mate :wink: Bec didnt marry me for my looks :lol:
Where are the photos of your mexico adventure mate. Hope it wasnt near the circus that was just there.
If the trip gets blessed with waves Wayne the footage will make it feel like you are with us. :wink:
Fingers & toes are crossed 8)
This is my first time back to indo since we were in G-Land together. Remember that nasty incident in the Sari club :shock:

Sparrow
fruitbat
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by fruitbat »

Sorry Simon I cant count but we did win the State Of Origin :D .Looking forward to your adventure.Have fun.
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

Fantastic work, Simon. Very innovative set-up. Can't wait to see what you get in Indo. Great crew going, glad to see some of our finest gentlemen rippers joining your trip!

I echo Wayne's concerns about that board cam set-up. It wouldn't add too much weight to put some kind of foam padding over that support bar, just in case you end up going over the top or your knees dropping across the nose of the board in free fall or anything like that. Not that you ever fall off your board or anything ... still ... :!:

Anyway, good luck with all that and thanks for taking the lead on this for all of us in kneelo-land!
dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
john -

Post by john - »

DarcyM wrote: Not that you ever fall off your board or anything ... still ... :!:

dm
Darcy

the wipeout a Deadmans in the opening of The Sparrow has landed is worth considering with that equipment...radical surfing radical wipeouts!

after another check of the website and the equipment, one gets the idea that
the Indo film should have a fair touch of Greenoughesque to it...but with modern drive and perhaps a Yul Brynner cigar and hair cut...
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Simon I'll never forget it! I was sweatting how to cover your backside whilst surrounded by aggro Ballinese security gauards brandishing 3 foot swords. You were very cool and we lucked out. Kuta is crazy, you can't cross the street without avoicing trouble.
Padang is mild compared, but, the Muslim religion is more prevalent in Sumatra compared to Bali(which may or may not be be concerning). Just get on the boat and it's all good. Want to hear all about it when you guys get back. Cheers, Wayne 8)
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Doesnt get anymore crazy than that moment Wayne. Thanks for covering my arse :!:
That Brazilian bloke went & got the get away car out the front.
It was all because of Matt Hoy, Simon Law & a few other pro's that pissed that guard off & I was wrong place wrong time. He hit like a girl but did not want to try that Knife out :shock:

Sparrow.
ross

Post by ross »

ok i just had look at The Sparrows site.
i nearly vomitted when i saw the latest shots and how good the waves were for the Mentawai trip.no wonder yas are all so happy in the group photo 8).
those shots alone are the benchmark for good kneeboarding.
they are the most slick,professional shots i've ever seen of kneeboarders 8) .
and hows the f#ckin waves??
no doubt the trip was funded by alot of personal expense from all of you, so good on ya's 8)
from what i've seen so far i might need a spew bag handy for when the movie comes out :lol:

thats the most times i've ever used the 8) head in one post :lol:
hart

Post by hart »

8) 8) 8)

me 2

8)

(sic)

me again

:)
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
K-man

Post by K-man »

On the money :D Shows how exciting KBing really is!Great surfing,great photos..Another great site to check in the wee morning hours,when there ain't no surf.....Like right now :lol:

cheers
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

The boyz SCORED BIG TIME!!! Obviously a magical trip of a lifetime; everything coming together top riders, sic waves, and exquisitely documented. Robert O is has it down. Hoping the video stuff came out.
Good on ya guys 8) . Looks like mission accomplished :D